Watch our video Testimonial
The Project Brief
The Sensorykraft team were asked to contribute our specialist expertise to help transform a pre-existing multi purpose sensory room into a modern and calming interactive sensory room. The project brief set by Umbrella Services Charity General Manager, Kristin Clarke, was based on the needs of the children and young people who access the service, and consisted of the following:
- To include: visual, tactile, auditory and vibration stimulation
- A sensory room which can be used passively and/or interactively by users
- A room design which best makes use of the space available (small room)
- A space which is safe and accessible for both mobile and wheelchair users
- A sensory room which can be enjoyed by single users and small groups of young people
- A room design which is easy for staff to use, control and maintain
The team at Sensorykraft proposed the following:
- Installation of a Sensorykraft Ultimate Sensory Corner to provide a calming and relaxing space for single or multiple users to enjoy a dynamic multi-sensory experience. The Ultimate Sensory Corner includes a large padded sensory corner and raised padded plinth, 1.8m interactive light tube, safety mirrors, wall padding and UV bamboo fibre optic strands.
- The addition of a Bluetooth sound system and dynamic vibration system within the padded plinths to enable staff to easily select or stream their preferred music choice. Staff will also benefit by being able to adjust the intensity of the low frequency vibrations. Users will benefit from the addition of music therapy.
- The fitting of a padded interactive infinity tunnel with a range of modes to help develop visual stimulation and tracking skills.
- The fitting of a UV swing curtain and robust giant UV fibre optics to further enhance visual and tactile stimulation.
- Use of an interactive switch-box and colour changing cube controller to allow service users and staff to easily interact with various colour modes on the light tube and infinity tunnel.
- Making the room suitable for both mobile and wheelchair bound users. Hoist access was built into one of the padded plinths to enable a portable hoist to be positioned for aiding the safe transfer of service users.
General Manager, Kristin Clarke commented:
"It was really useful to work with Sensorykraft as we were on a tight budget. We were able to employ their services for the key aspects of the sensory room and the overall sensory room design. Sensorykraft were happy to work alongside our other contractors to complete the project."
Kristin added: "Sensorykraft gave a really nice service- they were friendly, offered good pricing and made the process very easy for us. They didn't hesitate to make any changes later in the process".
Umbrella supports families living in Derby City and Derbyshire. They provide a range of exciting activities for children and young people aged 5 to 30 with any special need- including physical, sensory, learning & behavioral disabilities and additional needs. Umbrella can support a child or young person no matter what their disability as their services are person-centered to meet individual needs.
Anyone can refer a child or young person to Umbrella, including families, social workers, teachers and youth workers.
We are an innovative manufacturer and supplier of sensory rooms, sensory bathrooms, and deep pressure therapy equipment. Our aim is to 'keep sensory simple!'
We are passionate about designing wonderful sensory room spaces within home adaption projects, care homes, special schools and public attractions.
Get in Touch
For more information about how we can help you with your sensory room or sensory bathroom project simply speak to a member of the team on:
0114 2293434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sensorykraft Team